Monday 18 June 2012

Ta dah!

Below are the photographs of my updated chairs. After researching what was trending for Summer 2012, I decided to develop my chairs with a Palm Springs vibe. Palm trees, flamingos and exotic flowers have been seen in both homewares and fashion designs for this season. I designed fabric that was inspired by this Californian theme with palm prints and a colour palette of watery turquoises and blues, sunny yellows, hot pinks and lush greens. I used my new fabric designs to re-upholster the vintage chairs. I also painted the dark wood chairs white and light green to compliment the new fabric.








I set out to breathe new life into old furniture and make 'on-trend,' stylish, bespoke chairs, I am happy with the results so far but hope that this is just the beginning.......

No comments:

Post a Comment